Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

brown discharge coming out

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I need help asap! I have been having issues with odor and stuff. I have been having brown discharge and I dont know why. It feels like it hurts and then when I pee it feels better and a string of brown stuff comes out on the toilet paper. I dont know what is causing this. I am 16 and it is extremely embarressing and I feel like I am constantly running to the bathroom
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2011
Community Volunteer
It sounds like you have an infection of some sort. Speak to your mom or nurse/doctor. Depending what it is, it can often be treated with antibiotics or a cream.

It sounds like a UTI (bladder infection) which are treated with antibiotics. It happenss when bacteria from your vulva goes up your urethra. Make sure everything touching your vulva is clean, wipe from the front to the back, and if you are sexually active, pee directly after sex.

Cranberry juice and lots of water can relieve the symptoms ( but not kill the bacteria).
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply