Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Brown discharge and blood clots in urine

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
Brown discharge and blood clots in urine. I've been experiencing brown discharge for atleast 6 months now. There's no odor to it, I do not itch, burn, and I don't have any problem urinating.. The discharge in sort of sticky and thick, sometimes I have a little spotting (red blood) but not bad enough for a pad or tampon. This occurs all of the time, regardless of when I have my period. Today I had to take a urine test and I noticed large red blood clots in the cup. My urine changes in color a lot. Sometimes it's a dark yellow, sometimes it's brownish red. I do not drink a lot of fluid so it's never clear. It concerned me a little when it first started, but since I get urine tested frequently- I can see the changes in my urine and I'm getting concerned. I just started the depo shot last month (but like I said its been going on for much longer) my periods have never been normal or consistent, I am positive for hepatitis C and I do not eat or drink like I should. ( I eat something small once a day, or every other day. I drink a lot of coffee) I haven't been sexually active for months. I am embarrassed to go to my doctor about it, so if someone could lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied January 26th, 2013
A diagnosis via internet isnt going to help you anyway because you already KNOW this is not normal and these are NOT the type of symptoms one should treat at home. I would see a doctor right away. I think you should get over embarrassment. People with issues walk into the doctors office everyday ! Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?