Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Brown discharge after Plan B ?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Is it normal to have brown discharge after a week of taking the Plan B pill?

A week ago, I took 2 Plan B pills within a week. Now, I'm getting light brown discharge and my period's due in a week.

Along with the discharge, I'm experiencing mild cramps, occasional dizziness/headaches and fatigue. Is this normal with taking the Plan B pill or am I pregnant since the discharge could be seen as implantation bleeding and the side effects could be pregnancy symptoms?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A11078
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

All those symptoms are related to side effects of oral pill Plan B as it contains a hormone. Brown discharge is unlikely to be related to that. If it is persisting for longer duration, then it is possible that it is an infection especially when associated with smell. Pregnancy needs to be excluded by performing a test. Thank you.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.