Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Brown discharge a week before period?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I started having very light brown discharge about a week before my period was due. It lasted about 3 days and it wasn't enough for a pad or tampon but I put in a pantyliner to avoid it getting on my underwear. It wasn't a light brown, it was more of a very dark, scanty brown. There was no odor, or irritation, or itching. I had no cramps, no abdominal pains, no nothing. I was thinking that maybe my period was just going to make an early arrival but instead of the spotting getting heavier and turning into a red flow, the spotting got lighter and then stopped completely after about 3 days. It's been 4 days since the spotting has stopped and my period still hasn't come. I am due today and I am having none of the PMS symptoms that I normally have, nor did I have any pms symptoms when the brown spotting occured. The only kind of pains I am having now are sharp pains on my right and left side of my belly button and it is kind of painful and I am wondering if these pains relate to the brown spotting that I might have had earlier last week. I am not on BC but I am sexually active. I am clear of all STD's as well. Same with my husband. Other than pregnancy, what could cause this? I already know that pregnancy could be a possibility but I have taken a test and it was negative.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2012
I had the same thing and my period came about a week later. Wouldn't worry to much about it... Maybe something your eating a lot of??
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Did you ever find out what it was? I'm having the same problem.
|