Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Brown blood after sex. (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok, I don't know how to ask this without stumbling over my thoughts....I've Noticed recently that I bleed brown blood after having sex. I've been sexually active for almost a whole year and I've never had this problem before. My periods are kinda regular, there being 24 to 36 days between my periods. 3 weeks ago I had unprotected sex, but my boyfriend did not release while he was inside of me. A few hours later I started bleeding a little. It continued into the next day but stopped before the day was over. My period was supposed to start that same week but it never did. Just two days ago we had sex (unprotected, no ejaculation while inside) and I started bleeding yesterday, and I am still bleeding brown blood today. I was worried the first time that it might mean I was pregnant, so I bought a pregnancy test but it came up negative. I don't have any of the common pregnancy signs, and i've never bled after having sex before. I have no idea what's going on. I can't go to a doctor because my grandparents will kill me if the find out i'm not a virgin and we can't afford a visit to the doctor anyways. I'm sorry if none of this makes sense. If you want me to clarify on something then I will try, but please help. Any advice would be great. I've been reading through so many blogs and websites about this problem and they all say different things. I don't know what to do and i'm getting pretty scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper susall
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2009
Supporter
well hun idk what it could be. only a doctor can help you with that. the only time i spot brown is before my period and after my period. it can just be old blood coming out and may not be anything serious. Is there any pain along with the bleeding? is it heavy medium light or spotting?
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
If your boyfriend is using the pull out method like you said and you are worried about what your family would thing or worried about getting pregnant then you need to use condoms if you can't afford birth control. The pull out method is not actually an effective way to prevent pregnancy. If your boyfriend doesn't want to use them, tell him they are way less expensive than a baby or an abortion. The brown blood could just be spotting before or after your period because you said you were suppose to get your period that week. Just remember to practice safe sex, that way you protect yourself from unwanted pregnancy and STDs.
|

replied March 27th, 2009
brown blood after sex
What you're experiencing sounds like an emission of old blood. This can happen especially if your partner hits your cervix during sex. I wouldn't worry about it. By your description, you're not pregnant.
|

replied July 5th, 2011
this helped alot.. i also had the same problem..been going to the doctors for over 2 months and they say its the depo..but i never told them I was bleeding after intercourse. but that doesnt explain the pain ive had in my ovaries for over 2 months.. alot of people say its cervical cancer..?
|

replied October 15th, 2012
Is Light bleeding after having rough sex normal? I was supposed to have my period this week, but it happened earlier,I think 5 days earlier than my period. And I had this light bleeding with brown discharge also. It was a day after having sex. We did withdrawal by the way. What does it mean? Help me please!
|

replied April 26th, 2009
brown blood after sex
I experience the same thing, at first I thought if had something to do with recently having a child but that was over six months ago and it occasionally still happens. It is just old blood, also mixed with other bodily secretions that are produced during intercourse. This has been happening to me for some time and I've never had any pain or other problems affiliated with it. You may just be a little more gentle during intercourse and see if that helps the issue...good luck to you
|

replied May 5th, 2009
brown blood after sex
the same thing happened to me and i was wonderin y
|

replied September 10th, 2009
i have had the exact same thing happen to me very very recently , its still going on. right now i bleed brown-ish kind of thick blood. (i am on birth control by the way) i know the last time me and my partner had sex it was a we did not use a condom and it was a little rougher then usual and there was some pain... could this maybe be a result from being too rough? or do i have something much more serious that i need to freak out about????
|

replied October 19th, 2009
very same thing happened to me. I'm on bc, and after having intercourse two days ago, i have been having this brownish discharge even though i'm not supposed to have my period until next week. also, i have cramps, so i'm a bit confused as to what is going on..
|

replied October 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Dont worry ladies it is completely normal...you are all experiencing old blood from previous periods...nothing to worry about at all whether you get it before your period or after...Jenny
|

replied February 7th, 2010
brown bleeding
im gettind this, me and my partner had intercourse sat morning and i was bleeding brown for that day, now i have spotting the dr said i need to take a pregnancy test but surely it's too early as im not even due on for 2 week's yet?
|

replied March 17th, 2010
im getting the brown spotting as well. me an my partner has unprotected sex 1 week ago an this started happening 2 days ago. im not on any birth control or anything. but im starting to get cramps an i was wondering if i might be pregnant ?
|

replied June 13th, 2012
Did you end up getting pregnant? The same exact thing is happening to me and i want to know what is going on.
|

replied May 12th, 2010
having sexual intercourse the next day and blleding constantly
i was on my period for almost 7days. The Next day i had sexual intercourse and i bled straight away the blood was very strong red colour but it wasnt a lot. its been two days and the blood is still there but its a light brown colour and not a lot. I''m only 15 turning 16 now so my parents would die if they knew i wasnt a virgin so i cant go to the doctors i want to know if this is serious... please help me.
|

replied May 12th, 2010
having sexual intercourse the next day and blleding constantly
i was on my period for almost 7days. The Next day i had sexual intercourse and i bled straight away the blood was very strong red colour but it wasnt a lot. its been two days and the blood is still there but its a light brown colour and not a lot. I''m only 15 turning 16 now so my parents would die if they knew i wasnt a virgin so i cant go to the doctors i want to know if this is serious... please help me.
|

replied May 15th, 2010
well same thing is happening to me. i am trying to get pregnant. i had unprotected sex last nite and he cummed in me. and i started having from brown spotting last nite and into today. does that mean i am pregnant or wat? i really want to be. wen should i take a test? i have been having unpotected sex for a month. i had me period last week.
|

replied June 13th, 2010
i have been having unprocted sex for 1 1/1 months for the past 2 weeks i been having a light brown discharge, eusually during intercourse. i have a different odor but no other signs.
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Same problem here too. I am on the pill and had unprotected sex 2 days after my menstrual cycle finished. Over the last 5-6 days I have had a show of brown-ish blood and an itchy urethra. I am clear of STI's and my doctor said there is no chance I am pregnant. She said that it could be old blood after my period, or the fact that I have not been sexually active for a couple of years and my body is 'readjusting.' Should I still be bleeding? This is frustrating!
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Normal
it is normal. It is blood from a past period and is more common if you have had a strong period in the past few months. If the guy is MATURE enough to have sex with you then he is mature enough to understand how natural this is. You may also know it even if you just get wet and don't do anything. Nothing to worry about at all, in fact it is just helping you flush your body from old blood. It's a good sign. If you are nervous about things like this, that's when you go and TALK TO YOUR GYNOCOLOGIST. They are there to help, not judge Smile
|

replied February 18th, 2011
Brown blood after sex
I am experiencing something similar, but a little different. I noticed one day after my period that I was spotting brown blood. It lasted a couple of days. Then, it stopped. A couple weeks later I had intercourse with a new boyfriend, he did ejaculate in me, (trying to have a child) but once i went to the bathroom I noticed brown blood everywhere, it was on him as well. Every so often I will discharge/spot brown blood but its not often. However every time we have had sex since then even when he pulls out the brown blood still appears, it began after my period last month, I've had another period since, and it has continued now that I am off of my menstrual cycle. Sorry for all the TMI, I'm just worried, and its kind of embarrassing. Could something be wrong? If every time I have sex this brown blood appears?
|

replied March 10th, 2011
Brown Bleeding
I am 24 & have been using triphasil for about 4 years & changed to minerva 35 for my acne.after i changed have been noticing brown bleeding after intercourse & between my periods. Should i be worried?
|

replied April 8th, 2011
Burning for an answer!
Same thing with me, just a slightly different story. I'm on birth control, right? Well I missed the pill on monday, took two to catch up on Tuesday, then had sex (unprotected, but he pulls out) Wednesday morning, after we were done, I had excruciating pain in my lower abdominal, I even cried. The pain lasted for about 20 minutes, like a lifetime. Then that night I started having a brown liquidly like blood come out, it was light. Along with a burning sensation that never goes away. Plus odor..It is Friday night now, the bleeding continues, and the burning too. I went and got some Vagisil cream, and the pharmacist said if it doesn't help then it is fungi, and I should see a doctor for a prescription. Well I called my gynecologist on Thursday and the nurse said it was from missing my birth control, but I don't think thats the case. If you have any suggestions on what to do, or what it could be, let me know please! Thank you!
|

replied April 28th, 2011
Brown discharge
I am having a smelly brown discharge only during sex for the past month. Never happened before. I am 34, have three children and never so much as a yeast infection in my life. I don't have both tubes as one was removed due to an ectopic pregnancy. My periods have been irregular for the last two years. When i was younger, i thought women were all supposed to douche after their periods to cleanse themselves. Then i was told that was unsafe and have not done it since. It's the only thing I can think to do besides go to the doc. Anyone have this happen before? Its horrible and disgusting, but I really want to get better!

Let me just say also that as an experienced woman, if you are 15 and having sex, use protection and don't be afraid to talk to an adult about your business. Parents, family or friends can help you!!!! They want to help! As a parent, I would love to help my daughter through any of this without judging. We may not always like each other, but our love is worth me helping her. I am her parent, and it is my priviledged job to help her understand how when where and why about sex or protection, or whatever may be the issue. You def don't want to get prego or diseased. Just reach out. You never know what the benefits could be from speaking up! (educate yourselves people!)
PNL,
Merimama
|

replied November 11th, 2011
You might want to look at this
You might want to look at this. You HAVE to get it cured.
|

replied April 8th, 2011
Same thing with me, just a slightly different story. I'm on birth control, right? Well I missed the pill on monday, took two to catch up on Tuesday, then had sex (unprotected, but he pulls out) Wednesday morning, after we were done, I had excruciating pain in my lower abdominal, I even cried. The pain lasted for about 20 minutes, like a lifetime. Then that night I started having a brown liquidly like blood come out, it was light. Along with a burning sensation that never goes away. Plus odor..It is Friday night now, the bleeding continues, and the burning too. I went and got some Vagisil cream, and the pharmacist said if it doesn't help then it is fungi, and I should see a doctor for a prescription. Well I called my gynecologist on Thursday and the nurse said it was from missing my birth control, but I don't think thats the case. If you have any suggestions on what to do, or what it could be, let me know please! Thank you!
|
12 >>