Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Broken T11 T12

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have a 32 year old friend I work with who slipped and fell at work in August breaking her T11 and T12. They must not be displaced as the only treatment has been she has been off work and 'resting' -- now they have told her that there has been no healing and the only thing they added was Vitamin D??? Why wasn't she put in a back brace or something? She is on pain killers but she is really worried that she is still having to take these and they really don't help her.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
i am guessing that the doctors she is seeing are related to the insurance at work its possible that her injuries are being downplayed in order to save money.

Its also possible that all that can be done is being done you would need to seek other medical advise not related to work to find out.
|

replied November 6th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like you friend needs to get another opinion. If she is under WC, she might have some problems in doing that.

Has she hired a WC attorney? If not, and she is being forced to see WC doctors only, then she needs a WC attorney to work for her and her only.

This will help to get her the care that she needs, including another opinion.

There should be some sign of improvement by now and another opinion is now warranted.

Fran
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Broken T12
I broke my T12 on the 5th of July while I was horseback riding. I'm 62 years old. They couldn't operate because a wedge of the bone broke off and was too close to the spinal column. They were afraid of paralyzing me. So I've been in a back brace.

I've been off meds and started working with the back brace on two weeks after I broke it.

I don't think I'm having a follow up MRI or exray and I'm wondering how I'll know if I'm healed. I still can't lift anything over a pound or two.
|

replied September 20th, 2011
tripoli
I broke my T12 on the 5th of July while I was horseback riding. I'm 62 years old. They couldn't operate because a wedge of the bone broke off and was too close to the spinal column. They were afraid of paralyzing me. So I've been in a back brace.

I've been off meds and started working with the back brace on two weeks after I broke it.

I don't think I'm having a follow up MRI or exray and I'm wondering how I'll know if I'm healed. I still can't lift anything over a pound or two.
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2011
Does the "T" mean upper spine? I think my doc said that to me when I went in. Thorastick?
|