Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Broken humerus on left arm

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi i`m a 29 year old man i fell on black ice a week ago, this left me with a humerus fracture on left arm, but at a and e they managed to give it better shape and now it is just broken. I have no pain in my wrist hand or shoulder, but above my elbow it is stiff and sore. I had a cast which was changed and a different sling put on yesterday, the bones need to fuse together and are in a decent position, when i leave the arm in sling it seems quite low not sure if this is arm maybe getting a bit straighter when i was sleeping, my dr said i shouldn`t be letting it hang like i had to in first week, so when im on chair bed etc should i move it so it is along my stomach or let it go to my side? Thanks for any help and advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Do what the doctor told you...Be sure not to make your own rules...My husband has gone through two shoulder surgeries where he was in a sling so I know of the pain in the neck that they can be...If he told you to sleep with it on, then sleep with it on...Believe me it does pay off in the end....Good luck and take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?