Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Broken collarbone treatment

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
]I was playing basketball about 8-9 weeks ago, and collided with a player going for a rebound. I was in horrible pain, heard something crack, and went home from school. Pain had not subsided, and that Saturday we went to an urgent care facility and they thought my shoulder was out of place. We got an x-ray and the doctor claimed there was nothing wrong and that it was merely bruised. The swelling had not gone down and I was confused so I was about to go to my family practice doctor when I got a call from the urgent care facility telling me that the radiologist had called and said he found a fracture in my collarbone. My family practice doctor told me that since it had been missed, it wasnt too bad and I could wear nothing on it.

Well, it's been 7 weeks since that visit, my collarbone still hurts, the swelling has not gone down hardly any at all. I have a little bit range of motion back, but not much. I'm 18 years old, and could use my full function of my left arm haha.

Please help me solve what I need to do next.

The pain is a dull pain. It isn't so much that it is unbearable, but I can't do simple tasks like tying a trash bag without it hurting. I can't lift weights, throw a baseball (which is with the other arm) or shoot a basketball without pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2009
broken collarbone
I broke my coller bone taking a hard hit in football. I was the quarrerback and got a delayed hit, not ready for it. Got up and tried to do the next play and realized something was wrong. I start basketball in a few weeks and I'm worried about it healing correctly. it's been 5 days and I'm still in alot of pain. I wearing a figure 8 brace. Why so much pain? I have 6 screws in my arm form another football injury and it never hurt me like this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?