Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

broken ankle hurt

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
i broke my ankle and now it hurt consistintly. is there any thing i need to do exept go to 5 different doctor. aka i did go to 5 doctors
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
why doctors don't listen to people i don't know did the doctors treat it properly when you first broke it you know did they put it in plaster or put pins in it broken ankles often heal badly maybe the bones weren't quite put back in the right place maybe torn ligaments were not repaired making your ankle unstable also your should expect your ankle to hurt be some what painful for six months after the operation maybe even more also do you know which bone you broke
|

replied February 15th, 2010
I felll getting out of my truck two days ago. Thought I just sprained it, everybody said sprains hurt more then breaks. 10 hours after, my ankle was turning color so I went to emergency room. They confirmed I broke fib right above ankle. Put a temp cast. Followed up with orthro trip today, which did a stress test to check lig to see if I needed plate and screws. I passed I guess, dont need surgery. Thank you god. Put me in a air cast, not allowed to bear weeight for 6 to 8 weeks. Can anybody give any advise. Never broke a bone.
|