Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

bright red cold hands

User Profile
I'm sooo cold...! 53 yrs old; been to 3 different Rheumatologists over the past 8 years; lots of symptoms but none add up to a specific diagnosis. For 3+ years I'm having BRIGHT RED cold hands, esp. in cooler weather - but I do not seem to have the typical white/blue/to red Raynauds-type symptoms. All over cold body temps, cold skin all over, and cold feet. My hands hurt and are embarrassing. Sometimes my face get very red but is not as chronic as my hands. People ask me what is wrong with my hands and I get side glances when my face is bright red. I rarely go out and I'm an "outgoing" person! (pun intended). I have occasional blue/purple blotching on arms and legs too. Question: WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR should I see? Could the hands be a circulation problem? Thank you for any ideas or direction you can provide!- Suzi

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2011
Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Answer A19411
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the history provided, it is difficult to arrive at a definitive diagnosis. The differential diagnosis may include dermatomyositis, SLE, Vasculitis syndrome, etc.

The presentation does appear to involve causes that affect the vascular system.

Evaluation of your condition may include blood work, serology , doppler sonography, etc.

You might seek consultation of a dermatologist for your current condition.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.