Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Breathing Problems/Chest Pain feels like a bubble...

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Hi
I will start off by saying I am a smoker and i do think that is the issue however i just want to get a bit of advise before i dismiss this. Basically ive often had problems breathing all of a sudden out of nowhere i would get sharp pains in my chest. feels like a bubble for lack of a better word and though i may only be after inhaling or exhaling the tiniest amount it feels like if i breath out anymore or inhale any more somthing is going to pop. This was a regular thing and then i thought i found out what it was, i though it was something to do with my posture because after a while i noticed that once it happens if i really sit up straight and basically stretch my upper body it goes away almost instantly. However twice in the past two weeks this pain has come and i haven't been able to make it go away. It seems to just go away itself after a few minutes but stretching doesn't seem to make a bit of difference and it can be extremely painful and i feel like i can only inhale and exhale the tinest amount or literally soemthing is going to pop. I initially figured this was just to do with my posture but seeing as the last two times no matter what i did it didn't seem to go away. Should i get it checked out or is it something of nothing. The main reason i am asking is because i am broke and really cannot afford to pay the doctor 50euro to tell me i am fine. but on the same point i don't want to be a fool either
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

The description of your symptoms are very vague to make out what issues you actually you have.

Hence in case, you have episodes of severe distress, chest pain, breathing difficulty, loss of unconsciousness, lack of sleep etc, you may consult with your doctor for a physical examination and proper help.
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
maybe?
I have read about this chest pain. It seems pretty common these days. If you have what It sounds like then it is harmless eventhough it is very uncomfortable. People say actually breathing in really hard pops the so called bubble and the discomfort goes away. look up bubble in chest feeling on google.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.