Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

breathing pain during menstrual period

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
i have been with this problem for about a year now, and when i get on my period it seems to get worst cramps in my rib/lungs. i feel that when I'm not on my period when i breathe, my left lung seems to be "Sticking together" for about a few seconds, which causes pain. I need help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2009
I have the exact same symptoms! Did you find any answers?I also had a lung collapse last January. I had my daughter this January and didn't experience any problems while pregnant or nursing becaue I was not getting my period. Now the period is back so are the symptoms. Please email me if you have any answers.

|

replied March 18th, 2011
i had the same thing it was a Catamenial pneomothorax, which is endometriosis of the lung/diaphragm. I had multiple surgeries but they really don't help.. only a hysterectomy or hormones shots will help or fix the issue
|