Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Breathing Issues- Is this all anxiety ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi, I am a "healthy" 19 year old girl. I have been to plenty doctors and they all tell me I am fine. Except for the fact that they think i have bad anxiety along with bad allergies and asthma. I have been concerned because I feel like I can never belly breathe. I don't know if it is because I am thinking about it but I get so scared that I will just stop breathing. Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm not breathign and like I will die. This is SO scary. I feel like there is pressure on my stomach sometimes that is keeping me from breathing normally. Sometimes I even have ribcage pain. I even feel shaky when i really try to focus on belly breathing. Is this all anxiety or what could it be?! Im terrified and shouldn't have to be so scared at a young age! I'm supposed to be enjoying life!!! PLEASE HELP
Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|