Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Breath smells like pepperoni even when I don't eat it?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
My wife complains that my breath sometimes smells like pepperoni even when I don't eat it. It seems to be worse when I eat salad with lettuce, spinach, red onion, almonds and chicken. Since I stopped eating salad, the smell went away but I am curious as to what in the above would cause the odor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Breath odor (Unpleasant, distinctive, or offensive breath odor )is the scent of the air you breathe out of your mouth.

Specific foods have characteristic odors, which are released when they undergo digestion in the stomach. In such cases, it does not mean that you have a medical disorder.

Reducing the intake of such foods or using fresh mint after eating them will resolve your issues.

|

replied June 26th, 2012
dear sir

I am feeling bad odour smell like nuesia at all times - i feel that excess bile is getting secreted - may i know the reason
|
Tags: smell
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.