Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Breasts always in pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
i m 23 years old. i m still a virgin.bt i didn't have period 4 about 5 months now.now that i m having symptoms of period bt it isn't happeing properly.not only that my breats r always in pain n sometimes they produce some sort of liquid(white or colorless).i m on psychiatric medication 4 over 6 months now.since i started my medication i m getting fat.well is these a result of my medication ?or hormonal problem plz let me know.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2009
Breasts Answer A6863
Although you did not indicate which medication you are on, a number of medications (including psychiatric medications) can disrupt the menstrual cycle. Of course, a number of other factors can also influence the menstrual cycle, including significant weight loss, high levels of physical activity/exercise, chronic illnesses, medications, and abnormal functioning of the ovaries and the areas in the brain that control ovarian function (among other potential causes).

I would recommend that you discuss these concerns with both your psychiatrist and your primary physician, so that they can evaluate you further and advise you.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.