Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Breast Lumps and Birth Control?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been on the pill for two years, but I've recently switched brands in August. I recently noticed that when I go back on the pill after taking a break, my boobs get bigger, more sensitive and now get lumps. They really creep me out. They're quite big and are hard and can move around when I poke them (although I try not to touch them. It grosses me out) I have one on the side of my breast near my armpit and one on the other breast that is below where my underwite sits on my bra.
I think the lumps go away when I go off the pill.
They come back in different places when I go back on.
THis is just the birth control being fun, right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Yeah. If you've noticed, your breasts will change texture at different times during your cycle (without the birth control influence) so it's very likely that the birth control causes hormonal fluctuations that effect your breasts. This is the reason you are supposed to do your breast self-exam at the same time every month.
|
Did you find this post helpful?