Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Breast Enlargement as a side effect of Lupron

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I am 20 years old and half-way through my six-month treatment of Lupron. A week after my third shot my breasts have increased by two cup sizes and one band size seemingly overnight, and they feel very heavy. Is this a side-effect of the shots? Every list of side-effects I have looked at states decrease in breast size, but not increase. Should I expect that my breasts will return to normal after the shots, or will I be stuck with bigger breasts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Some clinical study results have shown that breast enlargement can occur as a side effect in 7% of patients using Lupron.
This breast change should return to normal after treatment is discontinued.
Be aware about possibility of getting pregnant while on Lupron treatment, because, although the menstrual bleeding can be absent, still, the ovulation can take place as normal.
Check for sure if the breast size enlargement is a pregnancy symptom or not.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?