Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Breakthrough Bleeding on Alesse and Yaz

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I recently started having irregular periods. My doctor prescribed first Yaz and advised me that I could take it uninterrupted to prevent having a period at all. I had a tubal ligation several years ago so I do not need it as a from of birth control. When I experienced breakthrough bleeding he prescribed Alesse which I had taken before. Again I have experienced the same problem. I started to bleed for six days on day 16 of the 21 day package. I have continued to take the pills but it is not correcting itself. This is more frustrating than the irregular periods were. What should I do? Do I have to keep trying different brands or will it fix itself after three months or so?
Did you find this post helpful?
|