Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Breaking hymen by inserting finger (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
i want to know that is my hymen break after inserting finger just one time.on the spot there was no bleeding buy after 5 to 6 hour during urine i feel minor drop of bloo. its hymen breaking bleeding or not?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kristigraham
|

replied November 26th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
It is possible to tear your hymen with your finger. We can not say if you have done that or not. Here are the facts:

* Not all girls will have a hymen at puberty. Physical activity can make it tear.
* Not all hymens will bleed when torn.
* Not all hymens will be painful when torn.
* Not all hymens will tear when you insert something into your vagina.
* It is possible to make just a small tear in the hymen and have the rest still intact. These tears will normally be from the rim of the hymen to the wall of the vagina sort of splitting the remaining hymen into two parts. This is not serious and is pretty common in adolescents.

Depending on the shape of your hymen and if you already had your estrogen surge from puberty, you might have torn just a notch in it and the rest of it may still be intact.

Take care.
|

replied November 27th, 2009
thanks for giving me answer. is it possible that there was just cut on hymen? but not break completely? or is it essential that it will completete damaged whenever we have minor blood?
|

Especially eHealthy
A lot depends on the shape of your hymen and how old you are. Once you are in puberty and it thickened, pulled back a bit and became elastic, It will normally have only one tear in it from a finger or tampon. Depending on where it is, it might even heal itself again. If you want to protect your hymen, masturbate by stimulating your clitoris only. (That is what it is there for.)
|

u tell me that its depend on the shape of my hymen according to my age. my age is 23. plz tell me the general idea about the shape of hymen of this age .is acoording to my age i am in puberty?
|

Especially eHealthy
No, you are no longer in puberty. Your hymen should be a thickish elastic ring around the outside edge of your vaginal entrance because of your estrogen levels. It should be able to take considersble 'abuse' before it completely disappears. You did not tear it from just sticking your finger in but by exercising considerable force on it.

I will give you the same advice you should have been given a long time ago. Wash your hands, get a mirror, locl your door and take a good long look at how you look and identify all your 'parts' if you did not do so already. Pull back and stretch open everything. You should be able to see your hymen as an uneven ridge right in your vaginal entrance. The hymen is a mucus membrane that existed to keep fluid out of the vagina when you were a fetus. It separates your outside skin from the internal skin of your vagina and even when it is completely gone, you might still feel a slight seam/ridge where the two types of 'skin' come together.
|

i will chek it and then will discuss upon it.actualy.i am inserted my own finger.i am not such type.a boy tried to do sex with me. u can say it was rape.during this he insert his finger but i changed my position and tried to safe my self.at that time there was no bleeding but durind such period i used my all energy to save my self .it was realy hard to save myself but i was succeed after a hard exercise of my body.so after 4 and 5 hours in my uren i saw a minor drops of blood.it was just on my tissue which i used to clean that part from uren.so plz tell me i have loose my hymen completely? is it possible? or it is just cut or minor damage on it? and my main question is after talling u every thing which scared me that
after such all things if i loose my hymen without any sexual activity, is it possible i will bleed during my first intercourse with my partner or not?
and after reading my condition of inserting finger plz tell me is i have still tightness in my hole? because after bleeding some partner judge thier girl through the tightness of that hole
plz tell me detailed answer because i am realy worried about this
|

replied November 28th, 2009
i examined my self.i opned my that plce and which is u tell me i saw there . a line of white liquid and then i saw a pink small thing almost in round shape which blocks the way and i cant see anything across it .plz tell me condition if u understand my observation. if u dont understand u can ask anything i will examine my self again and please also reply my previous question.
|

replied November 29th, 2009
plz reply me plzzzzzzzzz
|

Especially eHealthy
Cheena, I am sorry to hear what happened to you. It sounds like your hymen is still intact and you should bleed the first time you have sex.

Take care!
|

Especially eHealthy
Cheena, I am sorry to hear what happened to you. It sounds like your hymen is still intact and you should bleed the first time you have sex.

Take care!
|

replied November 30th, 2009
thanks dear i feel quite satisfaction after yr answer that everything is fine. it is realy blessing 4 every girl which i realize now and because i dont do anything thats why i was realy worried about my married life that if i will not bleed 1st time????????? so how i will clear my position. so thanks and its my prayerz that my hymen should be safe if i dont do any sex. and u too pray 4 me thanks again
|

replied November 30th, 2009
hi can u tell me plz if my hymen is intact so from where that small blood was came? have other reasons? is it possible? can u teel me the reason? any infection?
|

replied March 1st, 2010
Cheena u r too scared!
Hope you have a husband ho will not ask you anything!
|

replied January 18th, 2011
First bleeding
HI

How are you? I saw this site and I think you can help me:) I haven't had intercourse yet and I am 26 year old woman but I sometimes finger myself if I get horny because my boyfriend is far from me. I did insert my finger many times already and have been doing this for less than a year and never did I experience bleeding when I first inserted my finger into my vagina, however, 2 days ago I had bleeding, and take note that I only use only one finger to satisfy myself but I bled 2 days ago, not much, but enough to scare me at all. What happened? I skipped one day. Then I did again to know If Im going to bleed , and - I bled and the blood is more than the first bleeding? But the bleeding stops when I stop doing me. Did I bruise inside my vaginal wall? Please help me. Thanks.
|

replied January 18th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Flip, Your vagina is very soft and delicate inside. it is easy to scratch or cut it, especially if your nails are not short and groomed. You also need to be 'wet' when you insert your finger.

When you get aroused, your pain threshold also goes up dramatically. This is one of the mysteries of female sexual function. While you do not feel much pain when you are aroused, you can feel the slightest touch stimulating you.

This increased pain threshold means that you can scratch yourself inside without realizing it.

It is also possible to make small tears in your hymen. The amount and length of your bleeding is consistent with a hymen tear.

What do you do with your finher inside your vagina? In and out, rubbing the front wall or stimulating deep around your cervix? Bumping into your cervix can cause light bleeding, so be careful. Hard rubbing can cause micro tears in the vaginal wall and in/out can damage your hymen and cause dcratches from your nails.

Make sure you are well lubricated inside. Use saliva or even better, a water based personal lubricant (buy it where they sell condoms). Friction inside your vagina is never a good thing.

Is preserving your hymen intact important to you?

If yes, you should keep your fingers out of your vagina. The vast majority of women orgasm from rubbing their clitoris, not the inside of their vaginas.

Having an orgasm can also force out some menstrual debris from your uterus. This is especially true right before or right after your period.

Make sure your hands are clean and well groomed before masturbating

Take care.
|

replied January 8th, 2012
hi
umm i am 17 years old and i am a virgin..............,y boyfriend sucked my vagina for the first time. it wasnt bad but i felt his ttongue enter my vagina just a little he did it about twice. i wanted to know if thats enough to tear my hymen ?
|

replied January 9th, 2012
Community Volunteer
You mean vulva? Your vagina is inside your body and very difficult to be sucked and licked.

It is of course possible for him to push his tongue into your vaginal opening, or around the rim. It is unlikely that he can break your hymen with his tongue, but it is better for him not to try. Have him concentrate around your clitoris.
|

replied January 17th, 2012
thanks
|

replied March 27th, 2012
hmm... hi... im now 21 and i've never had sex with anyone... i often masturbate, mostly i just play with my clit... but once in a while when i get too excited i tend to insert only one finger into my vagina... i just insert it n never pump into it.. i just stick it inside n play wit my clit till i cum... after the spasm finish then i remove my finger.. i've only done this for 2 times and once when i put my finger in i did try to stimulate my g-spot but after i knew it was a fail, i noticed blood on my fingers... thats when i tought my hymen is broken but later i started menstruating the same day after that. do u think i've broken my hymen??? i seriously dont know if i had.... i need help!!! tank u...
|

replied March 27th, 2012
Community Volunteer
No, it does not sound like you did. Sometimes an orgasm will force out your menstrual flow a bit early, or even make it restart shortly after your period.

If you have not done so yet, take a mirror and look at what it looks like. Very few girls/women actually knows what their intact hymens look like. You may we able to see it, or you may not. Either way, it is part of your education.

If keeping you hymen intact is important to you, stick to playing with your clitoris and keep things out of your vagina.

Take care!
|

replied March 28th, 2012
kristigraham, hello and thank u very much for ur reply... it was really helpful... i actually today tried to see my hymen with the help of a mirror while taking bath... actually i din have any idea on how it shud exactly look like but after some google-ing, i had some idea... after inspecting it, i guess i still hv my hymen intact... bcoz i cant see thru my vagina... only some liquid gushed out from a small hole... so im glad for now that i still hv my hymen intact.... and yes i will avoid sticking anything into it.. huhu... thank u sooo much... it was really helpful.... ^^
|
12 >>
Quick Reply