Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Break-out on forehead

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
This all started about 18 months ago. I noticed a mild rash-like redness with tiny bumps appearing on my forehead. I thought perhaps it was my powder foundation, and maybe it had gone bad, but I had to continue using it until my next day off just to hide the rash, it was -horrible-. I tried all kinds of facial cleansers and moisturizers to combat this strange break-out, and it seemed to go away for awhile.. but not forever. Every couple weeks, I would break out in the same mystery rash of tiny bumps. I have always had clear, wonderful skin, and I thought perhaps I should stop using make up on my forehead all together, so I did for a long time. It persisted, every couple weeks, rearing it's ugly head.

Now for the past six months, it has basically plagued me daily. It is worse now, producing tiny, pore-sized pustules. I don't have oily skin and I have never had an acne problem. I find it so terribly hard to believe it's acne, because it can clear up completely overnight with some rosemary water and some clean&clear oil-free moisturizer, but then hours later wreak havoc on my skin without warning. When I scratch and itch on my forehead or use a gentle brush with some Dermalogica cleanser, it flares up in the most awful way. I have not sought out a dermatologist yet because I really don't have the money and I don't have any health insurance. My mother was diagnosed with Rosacea that has been a problem for her for several years now, but she has only recently been taking medication for it. Could this possibly be the culprit? Or is this something else? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, if I go one day without exfoliating my forehead and risking hours of flare-up, not only do I STILL get the flare up, but my skin seems to grow an extra layer and get flaky like an annoying facial dandruff.. (this problem also has started spreading to my temples). Lastly, because of the frequency of this problem, I think my forehead is beginning to show signs of scarring.. not a happy camper.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
hello this sounds like mild acne and when my daughter had it they seemed to get worse just before her period.
like you she wore makeup to hide it and i used to go scatty teeling her to use simple soap and let her skin breathe.
our doc put her on antibiotics but she was on and off them like a yoyo.
one time she had a chest infection and they never worked as her body got ammune to them so stay clear of them and try use alternative remedies.
acne can cause scarring if picked and it only spreads them.
my daughter soon learned scented soaps were no good and washed twice a day with scent free and used e.45 cream to sooth her face.
sunlight is good for it and i would try and google info on it for other products.
hope this helps you and cut back on chocolate..
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
I agree with Ioka. This does sound like acne. I would go to the health food store and find a facial cleanser with "no perfume" and take a break with the make-up. The more you cover it the more it's going to break-out. Now if it should get worse or painful you might have to seek help from the dermatologist.
|

replied June 26th, 2009
Hiya, I my sister had really bad acne and she started using aloe vera products and it completely cleared up. Ok she's left with scars but at least she hasnt got the spots any more.

You could try the aloe vera drink (which I now take as well coz it's gr8 4 skin and hair, cartilage growth for sports injured joints and stress) or/and the aloe vera skin care regimes. I use the Fleur de Jouvence. At night you do the exfoliating cleanser, toner and night cream and day time u cleanse, tone and use day cream and twice a week you do a face pack. Its all in the box.

Aloe vera is a natural anti-inflammatory, nourish your skin, tones, soothes, firms, conditions and gives you a healthy glow plus its natural defence against wrinkles.
|