Hello, i would really appreciate any help since i have anxiety and now, i have convinced myself that i have a brain tumor. Previously, i thought that i had melanoma, after a check-up it turns out that i dont.
1. no family history of any kind of cancer.
2. i just experience sharp pains in the left side of my head, at the top, that last about 1-2 seconds. Sometimes behind my eye or around nose. They get worse when i bend down to pick up something. Sometimes occur on the right side behind my ear too. I have a history and have been treated for sinus problems before.
3. my left shoulder really hurts, as well as my whole neck feels tense. My left side of my upper back has knots... many and it also feels tense.
4. My left leg feels a little numb at night, when i go to bed... that is why i always have to change positions.
5. I experience somewhat of a blackout when i get up from sitting down, for example, but it is mostly everything getting a little darker and i can still see. However, when i take my time getting up i dont have them.
6. I used to get very dizzy before, then i was scared that i have melanoma. Still, i sometimes have difficulty breathing when i read the symptoms of brain cancer online.
7. I get heart burns a lot... but that is probably from the acid reflux that i have in the family
8. i sometimes get confused... someone said one hundred the other day... and it made me think how to write it... i confused it with one thousand in my head. It could be that i am on summer vacation right now... and i havent really used my brain recently. I also found myself having trouble spelling the word "message" a week ago. I am also foreign so that could explain it.
9. I have horrible lower back pains... but that is in the family
10. the other day i read something about unusual smells... and then i remembered that a couple of days before that i thought that my dog had pooped in the house cuz i could smell it but there was nothing. This morning i also woke up to a unfamiliar smell, after brushing my teeth it was gone.
11. I also have one hard lump behind each ear... they are really tiny though. They dont hurt when i push them. And one on something like a hollow on the back of my neck on the left side, close to the scalp but not on it
12. my jaw also hurts sometimes
13. the other day i was doing my nails. (i do nail art quite well but it takes my a while) and although i had a window opened my whole room smelled like nail polish and nail polish remover. After that, the whole night my head hurt like never before. i went to bed like that and in the morning it was gone.
SO what do you think, does this mean that i have brain tumor and what would you suggest. I am scared of talking to my parents, since i drove my parents crazy with the whole melanoma talk... and they probably wont believe me this time and definitely will not take me to see a doctor. Also, we have no insurance and although a cat scan would calm me down, i really down want them paying thousands of dollars if it turns out it was nothing... just like the melanoma scare. I am 17 years old girl, if that matters. Thank you a lot and i know it turned out long but i hope someone could help me!
ps: i feel way better, after just writing about it
A CT scan or MRI scan would significantly alleviate any doubt about the possibility of a brain tumor, and so you might see if there is some way that you can obtain healthcare coverage in order to obtain a brain scan.
At the same time, I am concerned that you might also have significant underlying anxiety or/and obsessive-compulsive issues, and it may therefore be helpful for you to see a mental health expert for further assessment of your severe anxiety issues, as well.
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.