Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Brain is fuzzy

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Hello. I have been having this problem for a few months now and I am really concerned about it. I am is college; I am 26. I have days where I can complete thoughts very easily and then I have days where I have problems thinking. I feel like my brain is broken sometimes. I have difficulty remembering things as well. It is worrying me a lot. What do you think it is? I am puzzled.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 11th, 2009
Are you anemic? Women tend to have iron deficiency, and thus can't do things like donate blood. Oftentimes it's not a problem, but people with anemia can become fatigued much faster because not enough oxygen is getting to the muscles and brain (the brain is a major consumer of oxygen). If the brain's not getting what it needs, it will lead to drowsiness and trouble thinking straight. You can get your iron level tested at any blood center to learn if this is a problem; maybe taking iron pills or changing your diet would help. Also, avoid sleep deprivation and caffeine 6 hrs before bedtime--caffeine can affect a good night's rest!
|
Did you find this post helpful?