Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Brain feels swollen

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
My brain feels like it is swollen and is going to explode. Every time I bend over, lie down or just move in general it starts to throb. The back of my neck all the way up to the lower cranium is also in pain. I feel hot and flushed yet I have a temperature of 97. Along with this, my eyes feel swollen and there is pressure behind them. It sounds like it could be a sinus infection to me but I have no other symptoms of a sinus infection. I get severe migraines a lot but I have never felt anything like this before. Is this just another migraine or is something else wrong.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 10th, 2010
Headache and Migraines Answer A14126
Thanks for using this forum....

tobacco abuse can definitely cause this..I feel it is cervical spondylitis and should be investigated...it should not be difficult to manage and once diagnosed you will feel much better with diagnosis...Some neck excersises will help after pain is gone....

take care....

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.