Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Brain and Head Injuries Question

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I had kidney failure, respiratory failure and also diagnosed to be Gabapinten toxic. I had started having confusion, trouble thinking and talking. I was readmitted to a different hospital and I tried hard to tell them about my possible head injury due to the gabapinten toxication. My heart rate was 48 to 50. I was given narcotics even though I told them I did not want it because of brain injury. My brain injury has gotten worse. I stutter, can't concentrate well, can't watch tv, I have trouble understanding written instruments, I have slurred speech at times. I talk with a French accent most of the time. My voice is not the same at all. I have headaches when I have to much stimulation. I have to take naps because of frequent mental fatigue. I was diagnosed with functional speech disorder, which I believe is totally wrong. My brain is no longer the same. I used to be a police dispatcher but now most people can't understand what I am trying to say. What can I do?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2017
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A61975
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. I am sorry for your trouble, with multi organs involvement, its hard to comment on the etiology of this speech disorder, ti could be due to drug toxicity, renal failure leading to hyperammonemia , local brain atrophic changes, needs complete neurological correlation and supportive care, speech therapist can help too.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.