Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Brain and Head Injuries Question

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I had kidney failure, respiratory failure and also diagnosed to be Gabapinten toxic. I had started having confusion, trouble thinking and talking. I was readmitted to a different hospital and I tried hard to tell them about my possible head injury due to the gabapinten toxication. My heart rate was 48 to 50. I was given narcotics even though I told them I did not want it because of brain injury. My brain injury has gotten worse. I stutter, can't concentrate well, can't watch tv, I have trouble understanding written instruments, I have slurred speech at times. I talk with a French accent most of the time. My voice is not the same at all. I have headaches when I have to much stimulation. I have to take naps because of frequent mental fatigue. I was diagnosed with functional speech disorder, which I believe is totally wrong. My brain is no longer the same. I used to be a police dispatcher but now most people can't understand what I am trying to say. What can I do?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2017
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A61976
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Get a speech therapist, also a complete neurological correlation is needed to find out the cause, with this multiorgan involvement, its pretty hard to localise the cause for it and manage that. Consult your physician and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.