Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

BPD with ADD and OCD ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder a year ago, and have anxiety/panic attacks. I'm being told by many people to get tested for ADD and OCD on top of that... I'm definitely not a hypochondriac, but they just seem to fit... So basically I want to ask any fellow BPD's out there, can I really have that many 'conditions', or can they all be summed up in one diagnosis, or..????? It's been really bad the past month and I don't get to see my therapist for a couple months, so any advice would be much appreciated... Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2008
Experienced User
it DOES happen
You can have multiple 'problems' due to chemical imbalances in the brain. I have Tourettes Syndrome, OCD, ADHD, and some kind of explosive thingy. When you mix them all up it is hard to tell what is doing what, you know? Best of luck and treat the ones that are really 'altering' you. Leave the other alone for now....1 at a time.
|

replied January 24th, 2009
You can have more than one diagnosis some people can have 3 or more although the most people can expect is two.

My advice would be ind a support group for BPD if you can't find one then ask if proffessional can start one.

Being with others with the same diagnosis can hel.

Hope this is of help
|

replied February 25th, 2009
It is possible I have bi polar type 2, adhd, ocd, and have overcome my dyslexia. I have been working through all of these for years and I find that I am at a functioning level after years of crazy episodes and destructive behavior. I also had my string of weekly panic attacks for a few years. Best of luck to you, don't be afraid or crippled by anything they diagnose you with. Everyone has their problems, dealing with yours and fighting through it all will help you. Working through things like bi polar take time, I suggest keeping a good therapist (if you can afford) and keeping up excercising, both will help incredibly. Fish oils have helped me a lot and make my moods more manageable. Best of luck, you are not alone.
|

replied October 19th, 2010
Bipolar, BLPD and God knows what
ya know... i've got bipolar, blpd, panic and anxiety problems... work continues to make it worse... soon i will be back in in-patient if things don't get better... idk what to do any more... i don't want to start feeling the depression so bad that i hurt myself yet another time... no pain ever comes about when i do that.. and when i try to off myself, apparently i can't do that well either... sounds like we are all in the same boat.. but i am so sick of all my med's tweeking this... changing that.. nothing helps!! I feel so overwhelmed... i know i didn't help you.. not even sure if i helped myself... i just can't take it anymore
|