Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

BP meds stopped working ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
was diagnosed with high bp dr prescribed diovan 80mg per day blood pressure was coming down nicely two weeks ago checked it it was up to 180/100 took my period following day and it had come down to 130/80 period finished bp has gone up again my own dr on holiday for two weeks not too comfortable with another dr I also suffer from anxiety/panic attack any advice welcome
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Hi Zandera,

First thing - Try not to worry about it too much.

Even with medication it is not unusual for your blood pressure to fluctuate throughout the day or over a numer of days depending what's going on in your life. Speak to you doctor when they return but if you are concerned you will have to trust another doctor.

If you are new to this treatment it may take a bit of trial and error to get the actual meds and doses right. It is not uncommon to find that you need a combination of meds to effecitvely control your BP but it varies from person to person. In my case I take Metoprolol, Ramipril, Norvasc, ASA and Pantaloc (for reflux). My first week on Ramipril saw my BP go from about 200/100 to 240/120, adding the other pills have brought it down to a more acceptable 150/95.

Be well. Smile
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Thanks Johnf70

Been really stressing myself out over it, just assumed tablets would bring it down will see my GP when he returns thanks for re-assurance
|