Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

boyfriend- his emotional problems

Hi. I have a boyfriend, and when he was younger, he was raped by his stepfather. I have also gone through alot. My father abused my family and committed suicide in 2002. I handle my problems pretty well, but he has a hard time. He works with my mother at a restaurant and she decided to tell the people at work about what her boyfriend said to my boyfriend. So here is what happened. Im sorry if this is graphic. Well one day, my moms boyfriend had my boyfriend outside and he asked him to sand down this block of wood. Then when he was done sanding it, my moms boyfriend said if i get pregnant, he is going to nail my boyfriends scrotum to the wood and catch it on fire and laugh about it. Now my mom went to work, where my boyfriend also works and told the people that work there what her boyfriend told my boyfriend. So one of the ladies at work went up to my boyfriend and laughed about it. This really pissed him off. He says its because the man that raped him when he was younger used to threaten him and he doesnt like being threatened. I tried to explain to my boyfriend that alot of people havent been through what we had been through in life and he cant expect them to just understand that something like that would piss him off. he is mad because both being threatened and being laughed at about something that nobody had the business to laugh at him about. im trying to cool him down, but its so difficult, because he is still trying to get over what happened in his past. i have to give him the credit for the fact that he has improved a great deal, but he is not understanding that people dont think of it the way he does. I need help! Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2010
you cant make him understand that others done understand.

but you CAN constantly remind him Smile
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
I'm sorry. I haven't gone through a rape and I find what those people done to your boyfriend very offending. I would be pissed of as well.
|