Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Bowel movement immediately after eating

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have strange stomach disorder and wondering what catagory of disease it might fall in. The situation is whenever I eat any food, drink water, juice, tea, coffee etc., I immediately get toilet sensation and need to use toilet. I was thinking its loose motion, but toilet comes out normal solid. This happens everytime after I eat or drink anything, but never happens after I drink beer or vodka. Any ideas solution to such disorder. Advance thanks for answering this and I hope it helps others in similar situation.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2010
General Q and A Answer A9589
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether you might have any medical condition.

Once food is ingested it is processed in the gaster(stomach). As the food is mixed up with the stomach acid, the stomach muscles start the movement(peristalsis) which can be rather strong to initiate bowel movement and defecation. Sometimes spicy or overly sweet food may cause a bowel movement and defecation. Tea and coffee are stimulants that not only increase blood pressure, but initiate the bowel movement.

According to the data that you described, it is not likely that you are experiencing any medical condition. See an infectologist if you experience pain, bowel movements and diarrhea. You may also consider seeing a gastroenterologist if you experience diarrhea with an uncontrollable need to defecate or feces mixed with pus or blood to rule out conditions like Chron's disease or ulcerative colitis.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as an infectologist or a gastroenterologist for further advice and information about your current condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.