Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Bowel movement after head injury

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
My son is 7, he was hit in the front of his head with a baseball. When the ball hit his head he had a bowel movement. Is this normal? I'm so concerned but his father says I worry to much. Someone PLEASE help me. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Anytime there is a knock to the head it should not be taken lightly.

When did this happen? Has he complained of a headache or feel tired / groggy afterwards?

BM when this happened...unsure if I would call it normal but the knock probably scared the poop out of him. (not trying to be funny)...

I suggest that you call his doctor or the emergency room for additional help.

Hope he feels better and soon.
|

replied March 19th, 2009
That's what he said, it scared the poop out of me when I saw it coming. He didn't say anything hurt unless I touched it. I made him play a few games of tic tac toe with me and he seemed good. This happened at 7:30 pm and it now 1:50am (can't sleep, worring). I checked on him and his breathing well. I'm going to wake him and ask a few questions. Thanks for helping me. I'm going to call his dr after I wake him if he doesn't seem good! I call the dr all the time, I think they think i'm crazy. I just LOVE them (i have three) so much and worry way to much!LOL! Thanks again!
|

replied March 19th, 2009
Hopefully it was being scared that caused the bowel movement. Damage to the brain can affect bowel and urinary function, so you really should have him checked out. Head injuries are not given nearly enough attention as they should be. Just read about Natasha Richardson's recent tragedy to see that! Hope he gets well soon!
|

replied March 19th, 2009
He's much better!
Thanks for helping me. He great today only a little black & blue mark on his head. Boys are crazy & I guess I need to remember that! I saw that actress died on the news but that wasn't what made me so scared. I'm always crazy when my kids get hurt, you never know what could happen! I just hope all this worring gets easier as they get older. Thanks again for helping. I'm sure you'll see me on here again, I just found this site and LOVE it. Thanks
|

replied December 12th, 2012
I had a horrible experience on the weekend, I had been out partying, took half an ecstasy pill, lots of alcohol, and a later a cone. got into the early hours and i was absolutely off my head. was walking over some large rocks down to the beach and slipped, hit my back and head. got straight up telling everybody i was fine, just a little bleeding from knee. later on at my friends house decided to go for a shower, don't remember much from the point on but i was in the shower for about 2 hours according to friends. i had come out and my friend went in to discover i had, how do i say this nicely?, had a bowel movement in the shower. it was everywhere, even on the towel. i remember her finding it and i quickly went back into the shower to clean it up. so after my second shower i went into the loungeroom and went to sleep on the recliner. next thing i know there are paramedics waking me up. my friends had trouble waking me and called 000. you can imagine how utterly ashamed and embarrassed i am. they had to bleach the bathroom and dispose of the towels.

saw my gp today to check up after the concussion, but didn't mention my bathroom accident. just trying to find out if it was caused by the drugs or alcohol or the head injury?? my friends have been quite good to me about it, i can't believe they're still talking to me! i've never had a head injury or concussion before. have a heart condition and had 2 valves replaced last year, thats why my friends called the ambulance they wee worried.
|

replied January 28th, 2013
i recently read a story about another girl who was drunk and hit her head and messed herself. i'm putting it down to concussion.
|