Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Bouts of Uncontrollable shaking and pain

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I am a 37 yr old female who has MS. The last couple days I have had bouts of pain and uncontrollable shaking. Last nights bout woke me up and I ended up vomitting along with the symptoms. I feel cold with no fever and it last for nearly an hour. My entire body had pain and weakness. What do you think this could be and do you think it's MS related?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2011
Experienced User
Research up on intestinal permeability Also known as "Leaky gut Syndrome" also read up on Candida / Yeast. All of this could be possibly related to your MS symptoms. There should be books on these subjects at your local library and some on the internet. I was suggest you visit an allergy doctor and find out if you are allergic to any foods or irritants because eating foods that you are allergic too can trigger a pain response. I have been researching this for years and I don't have any pain since I changed my diet. Its worth a shot..Check into it and see if it could be the reason for any symptoms you may have. Read alot of the websites on the subject to make sure you cover everything. Good luck and I hope you get better.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2011
Experienced User
Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D too!
Primary pain is related to the demyelinating process itself. If you have not done so already, add vitamin B12,vitamin D along with others to your regimen.

Use Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
Vitamin D is known as the “sunshine vitamin”, and researchers have demonstrated that on average, people with myelin sheath degeneration are severely vitamin D deficient.

This may explain why myelin sheath damage is more prevalent in northern latitudes, or away from the equator where people get less sun exposure.

As well, myelin sheath degeneration is are lower in those populations who eat cold water fish, even in northern latitudes – cold water fish is a rich source of vitamin D.

Dr. William E. Code firmly believes that vitamin D supplementation is one of the key pieces in his” recovery puzzle”. As well, Dr. Perlmutter describes that vitamin D has been shown to completely prevent the development of a multiple sclerosis-like disease in mice.

When choosing a vitamin D supplement, be sure that it is vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol, which is the natural form of vitamin D (unlike vitamin D2 which is a synthetic and has 1000 IU of vitamin D). A liquid vitamin D supplement that has 5000 IU per serving is best, since liquid is fast absorbing.

Use Vitamin B12

Vitamin B12 is involved in the formation of the myelin sheath, and profound deficiencies of vitamin B12 have been found in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid of patients with demyelination. Vitamin B12 has a very important role in the formation and function of myelin. According to Dr. Perlmutter, vitamin B12 deficiency not only enhances the destruction of myelin during an exacerbation of symptoms, but it also compromises the ability of the body to repair the damaged myelin after the attack.

There can be a functional deficiency of vitamin B12 even though your blood tests show normal levels. A more accurate way to measure B12 levels is to test for the chemical homocysteine. If homocysteine is elevated, then B12 is considered to be functionally deficient, even if the blood levels show otherwise.

Also, ITA with bastionv. Leaky Gut syndrome, is a problem for many people living with MS and other autoimmune disorders. There are studies online that demonstrate the connection.

Tricia
|

replied June 15th, 2011
Thanks for your reply's. I think I had a really bad flu and it just took me a little longer to fight it off. I did go to Vitamin World and stock up on some vitamins that MS patients are typically low on natually. I bought Magnesium, Pottassium, Calcium and a good Multi Vitamin. Again, thank you for your responses. I am living in St. Thomas, USVI for a year and really don't feel comfortable with the doctors here so your help was much appreciated.
|

replied June 15th, 2011
Thanks for your reply's. I think I had a really bad flu and it just took me a little longer to fight it off. I did go to Vitamin World and stock up on some vitamins that MS patients are typically low on natually. I bought Magnesium, Pottassium, Calcium and a good Multi Vitamin. Again, thank you for your responses. I am living in St. Thomas, USVI for a year and really don't feel comfortable with the doctors here so your help was much appreciated.
|
Quick Reply