Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Bone pain and Arthritis in 5 year old ?

Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
My soon to be 6 year old son has been complaining a lot about knee pain but now it seems to be more in the bones of the thigh and lower legs going down into the ankles. Could this still be arthritis in the bones? Mine is always more in the joints of the fingers, ankles...places I hear other complain about but my son is complaining that it is the bones that hurt in his legs. I am making him an appt with his Dr. He keeps getting fevers out of nowhere that last a few hours then leave with no other symptoms but being tired, bones hurting and the fever. Should I ask his Dr about arthritis or is this most likely something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi worriedmomohio: Hopefully all is well with your son...It is possible he is having some fast growing pains, but I am not sure about the arthritis...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?