Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Bone Marrow Biopsy

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
I have been experiencing fevers, swollen lymph nodes, fatigue and constant getting sick for over a year now. Have been tested for what seems like everything. They did a lymph node biopsy in Nov - which came back as reactive but benign. Just had a gallium scan and it showed that I have abnormal activity in my spine, hips and long leg bones. The summary said due to bone marrow infiltration or leukemia. Have had constant blood tests - and always low RBC. My WBC varies - sometimes slightly high and then within range. The gallium also showed slightly enlarged liver. Dr now wants to do a bone marrow biopsy. He is thinking this is just related to the anemia and the biopsy will show this. First, how much to these biopsy's hurt? i am very nervous about it. Also - did anyone have a "normal" WBc and still came back with leukemia diagnosis? I have other blood levels out of range such as elevated ESR, RDW and low b12 and iron. I thought I was done with biopsies when my lymph node was done - now the worry starts again. Any replies are appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|