Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

bone like lump on the top of my foot, pain

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
User Profile
I have a hard bump (bone like) on the top of my left foot the pain that shoots thrue my foot keeps me up at night and when pressed on sends a weird painful feeling thrue both my big toe and the toe next to it
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
Mamaofsix,

It could be a bump of bone. Exostoses are quite common around the foot. An exostosis is a bone spur.

It could also be that you have some swelling around the bumps, which is putting pressure on one of the skin nerves. This could be causing the sensation that goes down to the toes.

If it is really bothering you, you might want to see a podiatrist or an orthopedic surgeon. Good luck.
|

replied August 25th, 2013
I have a lump that sounds the same as these posts except that its worse when my foot is resting? It doesn't bother me when Im using my foot, standing walking working etc.. Its at night when I have my foot off the ground? I don't elevate it just laying down makes it hurt. Its like a dull pain thru the whole top of the foot up my ankle. Its swollen but not like a bump? More like a lump? Any thought???
|
Tags: bone, lump
Quick Reply