Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

boils on my butt

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
i get these boils on my butt and they hurt and have puss in them when they come to a head and bust,i have change washsoap and no matter what ii do they keep coming back and right now they are really bad.i was told by another dr. that it is stress? is there i can do and what?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper shawnarose
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi shortleggs and welcome to ehealth: Boils have a way of showing their face during your younger years of life...I don't know if it is stress or if it is your body changing...My guess would be your body changing...I know...I used to have them...They get big and ugly and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it...My best advice is to keep them clean...Soak in hot water...Don't overdo the soap, but do keep them clean...When you can don't cover them and at night, but leave out in the open air...They will go away, but I believe it will take time...Take care....

Caroline

P.S. I still have a scar on my knee from one...
|

replied April 27th, 2011
Boils are caused because of infection in the hair follicle. Boils can be very painful and must be got rid of quickly. You should use homeopathic for boils which cure the disease not only from its roots but also stops it from recurring after a short interval of time.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Hello johndisuza, Can you elaborate on what you mean, or which natural substances you refer to, when you use the term "homeopathic"?..........Thank you!
|

replied June 1st, 2011
Sorry to hear of your discomfort. Many of us have this problem in our younger years, when our balances between estrogen and testosterone vary to enable us to develop sexually. Other common considerations are whether you may be taking a medicine (or coffee), and if your blood sugar is too high. And before getting a temporary fix from the doctor, check out Dr. Adkins at the library. It's way cheaper than the M.D./and Rx!
|

replied June 17th, 2011
Possibly HS
Look up Hidradenitis Supperativa on the web. You may be experiencing symptoms of this disease. The only way to know is to see a dermatologist that is familiar with what this disease is and chart the occurances and areas when you get the boils. These are not caused by being dirty. Stress, caffiene and sweat irritate them and can cause them to get worse.

Take good care.
|

replied August 5th, 2011
Boils for more than 30 Years, anyway to cure them?
Hello,
I have had boils for over 30 years now. I have tried everything. Surgeries, herbal tricks, you name it and I have tried it. I have found a way to "maintain" them so to say, but recently they have been getting more painful. I have no idea what is left that I can do to get rid of them.
Anyone, Please HELP!
|

replied July 15th, 2012
Sounds like MRSA
|

replied July 15th, 2012
Sounds like MRSA
|

replied August 1st, 2012
boils making me uncomfortable.
i have the same darn problem! i went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics because they said that i may have swallows bones and got scraped which in turn got infected, that sounds good enough so after crying (because it was really painful) for about two nites and not being able to sit properly for about two days it finally subsided, only to return again with the promise of more excruciating pain. im fed up because it causes me to walk as if i got shagged (im a guy)i konw i dont have no sort of std's watsoever i do regular checkups. i would love to know wats causing this, they are never really gone their is always some tiny lumps when i feel the area. and i am 32 so shouldnt this thing stop by now?
|

replied December 5th, 2012
The best thing to do is first put salt on it Bcus the salt draps it up then Apple fat back and take gauve and cover the fat back and Apply tape to cover it then take samething string for pain and it should go away quickly .
|

replied March 13th, 2013
I battle boils on my butt
I'm way past puverty so it is not a hormone problem for me
The thing I have found to be most effective is disinfectant gel,I use purell with aloe vera after showers and before going to bed
also when you wash in the shower try washing the affected area many times repeatedly.
Wash, rinse and repeat about 2 to 3 times with normal soap or a mild scrub.
Once the boils are gone use shower gels with scrubs to help keep your pores clean.
Hot compresses also help to treat inflamed boils, just get a tower with hot water and leave it on the boil for around 10 mins
you will feel a big difference the next day
I still get occasional little boils
but they are not huge and puss filled like before
|

replied September 12th, 2013
easing the pain
They sell this over the counter ointment called boil ease

This really helps with the pain and speeds up the healing process
|

replied January 30th, 2014
I've been getting boils for the past two years now, so far I have had 9. They keep getting bigger, more painful and darker in colour (from just the swollen red to purple and practically black). I have only ever gotten them around the outer thighs and buttocks which is terrible because it make it extremely difficult to sit and walk. I've been to see a doctor each time one has appeared and each time they just give me an antibiotic. The antibiotic aids in bringing the puss to the surface, however it doesn't help the fact that these things keep appearing. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated as right now I'm suffering from my second one in two weeks!! Thank you Smile
|
Quick Reply