Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

Body vibrating

Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
I recently went into menopause, about a good year now, and have experienced some interesting symptoms but the strangest by far is a sensation of my body gently vibrating. Last night, while sleeping, my husband rolled over to put his arm around me. He asked me why I was shaking? I told him I wasn't (I had been in a sound sleep), but he insisted I was. As I woke up a bit, I could certainly feel it. A gentle vibrating from my core. I was able to get back to sleep, but it was very strange. What could this be? Hormones? Stress? Something neurologic? I went to a doctor today to have it checked out, and she said she had never heard of anything like this. What do you make of it? Heart is normal and healthy. Pulse is normal. I don't take any meds. I don't have any diseases. I don't suffer from anxiety or any other disorder. Only Menopause.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Maybe you were having a dream or nightmare and can't remember it?....This can happen....Hopefully you are now feeling better...

Take care,
Caroline
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Body Vibrating
I have had this happen to me numerous times
except sometimes it happens to my leg, next time it might be my arm, or head, or like last night, my chest. I have never asked the doctor about it. I thought he might think I was crazy. Then one day I was holding my 6 month old grandson and his head started "vibrating". It showed me that I wasn't imagining my own vibrations. These vibrations only last a several seconds but I sure am curious as to what is causing it.
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Body Vibrating
Thanks for your message! Good to know that we're not crazy, right? I have to say that the vibrating sensations have greatly diminished. I used to even feel my face and nose vibrating. I am taking vitamins made just for women from the health food store. I take 4 tabs a day along with Omega 3, CQ10, Calcium, Vitamin E, and Vitamin D. I decided to pump myself full of good stuff. Since I started the women's vitamins in particular, I'm feeling so much better. I also think I'm through the worst phase of my menopause. I can now sleep all night through, and my hot flashes are almost non-existent. I'm just praising the Lord for feeling better. Nothing works without Him anyway. Thanks again for replying!
|

replied May 18th, 2009
vibrating body
I get vibrations every 5 minutes for about 10 secs I keep asking people around me but no body knows someone mentioned restless leg syndrome but this is only felt from mid abdomin to top of thigh if anyone knows the answer please write me.
|

replied July 17th, 2009
VIBRATING BODY
I have the same thing. What precipitated this was damage to my inquinal nerve -- food does not pass through the gastrointestinal system the same way -- but instead of causing noticeable adominal spasms -- it seems when food is not properly processed gases in the stomack exert pressure on muscles and the diaphram and on my lower spine. It doesn't hurt when this happens. It's definitely related to stenosis -- somehow. Two consecutive techniques seem to stop it sooner than if one waited for it just to stop. The 1st is to lie down rub right under your ribs in a circular motion - from one side of your rib cage. Remain lying down and place your hands at your sides --- slowly inhale while raising both arms over your head at the same time (it's like doing the backstroke but with both arms going up at once) -- exhale when your hands are over your head and the inhale again as you lower your arms back towards your waste. It stops the vibration. I have a sense it's related to too much stool pressing on your inquinal nerve -- the vibration goes both downward -- toward legs -- and upward through you chest cavity through the neck. Mine symptoms started after a colonoscopy -- since they do that under anesthesia -- it's hard to see how they put the body out of alignment. If you search under "vibrating body" you'll find many, many posts of people with this symptom. I would very much like to hear if you can get a diagnosis -- because the exercize I described is not a permanent solution -- it came from a physical therapist -- who I think -- created it by pressing on nerves. It's not limited to just women -- utube has a video of several men who have the symptoms (you can see what it looks like). How someone can go from normal resting position (lying down) to appears as if they have full body Parkisons is beyond me.
|

replied August 9th, 2009
Vibrations
Some people on the net have stopped the vitamins and it has stopped the vibrations. Try it and see.
|

replied September 8th, 2009
I am so relieved to read that other people have a vibrating body symptom. I too am going through menopause and this happens in the morning, or that is, perhaps, when it is most noticeable. Such a bizarre condition. I thought maybe the apartment below had put a vibrating appliance below my bed..but no, just me buzzing away.
|

replied September 8th, 2009
Body vibrations
I am in the pre-menopause stage, I think, and I have experienced several strange symptoms, including body vibrations. This occurs when I take a nap in the afternoon, and I also get very cold, even tho the temperature in the house is hot. At night, I don't have these symptoms, and sleep fine without any covers. I also have been having intense pain in my elbow joints while sleeping.
|

replied September 12th, 2009
I am menopausal and have had body vibrations for 10 months along with hot flashes and a host of other crazy symptoms. The vibrations are the most irritating, feels like heart palpitations with arrhythmia and gas. I feel so full and uncomfortable in the upper chest and nothing I take or do relieves it. Then after hours or days it stops like a snap of the fingers. But sometimes a dull ache accompanies the vibrations and goes to my back. It's distressing and doctors don't have a clue. Anyone have a solution to this?
|

replied October 26th, 2009
I also am menopausal. I have had this vibration feeling at night when going to sleep, off and on for about three weeks or so now. It happens mostly when I'm laying on my left side. Mostly I feel it in my torso, but sometimes in my legs too. The last couple of days I have felt it sitting in my chair during the day too, although not as pronounced. The feeling is like the kind of residual vibration one feels after operating strongly vibrating machinery. Like a powerful lawnmower or a motorbike. I would imagine that people operating jackhammers must get this sensation quite often.

I have no idea what causes it, but I have been able to control it with meridian therapy, also known as energy tapping, or EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). I just do a couple of rounds of quick tapping on my acupuncture meridians and I am vibration free for the rest of the night. I also tap for insomnia and hot flashes when I need to. Less and less lately. This meridian tapping technique is very simple to learn and use and it works great. Anybody can learn it and there is a free manual online that tells you how. Just Google "Gary Craig" and "EFT" and the first site that comes up has the free manual - no strings attached. (Gary Craig is the founder of EFT.) That site also has scads of testimonials from people who use the technique for various conditions. Very, very interesting.

Hope this helps you all. It's definitely helping me. For the record: I am not affiliated with these people in any way other than my interest in their technique, which I am now studying so I can help others with it too.
|

replied February 11th, 2012
More information, please!!
Learned to Heal: I would be most interested in learning more of about this technique. I am a two time spinal cord surgery, with severe chronic neck pain 24/7 woman who is 46 and at my wits end. I am on narcotis and anti-depressants. Please help!
|

replied October 7th, 2010
Possible pre-menopausal symptoms
Has anyone had random vibrating feeling in their genital area? I am serious! I am 36 and I have been experiencing this symptom. I also have very painful periods. I am having increasingly worse breast swelling and pain for most of the month as well. It is freaking me out. Does anyone know what is happening?
|

replied July 31st, 2014
Hello,
Have you found any solution or are you continuing with these sensations? I've been going through this for about the last 6-8 months with it only getting worse every month. I am 46. Soooo frustrating. I hope you are doing better.
|

replied October 18th, 2010
body vibrating sensation
I have had this vibrating sensation for a few days and was wondering what it was from--'net research said multiple sclerosis, bad circulation, high blood pressure a lot of stuff to scare everyone. The vibrating/tingling sensation doesn't seem coupled up with numbness so maybe that is a good sign. Menopause makes a lot of sense since I never had hot flashes. But it feels weird. Thanks to everyone who shared. Hope it all goes away soon!
|

replied January 26th, 2012
I am so relieved to find other people with this. I was embarrassed to see the doctor, as it is so difficult to describe. Apparently none of you have found this leading on to anything bad? So not to worry then.
|

replied February 28th, 2012
BUZZING SENSATIONS /MENOPAUSE / RAYNAUDS SYNDROME
I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS BUZZIING , HUMMING FEELING IN MY HIP LOWER PELVIC AREA FOR A BOUT 1 YEAR NOW i AM 40 AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL MY GP THAT I AM PRE-MENOPAUSAL ALL THAT TIME , ALSO GET A FEELING OF ELASTIC BANDS PINING IN MY WRISTS !!! AND RAYNAUDS SYNDROME , GETTING WORRIED I'M FALLING TO PIECES
|