Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Body temperature falls during sleep

During sleep, my body temperature falls so drastically it feels like I'm sleeping on ice. The cold feeling causes so much pain in my body that it wakes me up. If I try to sleep again, the cold chill returns with the pain and wakes me up, again and again; so that I can't sleep for half an hour at a stretch. My hands and feet are usually excessively cold when I'm not asleep. Does anyone else suffer from this type of condition and is there anyone who knows what might be the cause and the remedy. My Doctor has sent me for series of blood tests which revealed no problem that he could identify. I used electric blanket which is causing me other problems. Please I need help as I dread sleep any time of the day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Body temperature falls during sleep
Well.. All I can say is you described exactly what I go through every night. I have not gone to the doctor yet, however I wake up, or get up shall I say in-great pain from shivering all night long. Even with many layers of blankets covering me. I wish there was a explanation, because I feel like I am the only one and it is now causing depression for me, from-my lack of sleep. I too would appreciate any info on this topic.
|

replied January 31st, 2009
Experienced User
Normal
I was told this is normal for the body at rest.
|

replied June 21st, 2009
Semi-vigorous exercise during the day helped me greatly with this problem.
|