Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Body shaking uncontrollably (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi, Last night when I went to bed, my whole body started to shake and I just couldn't stop it, I had goosebumps, but did not feel cold, so threw extra clothes over me in bed, then I began to sweat. My shaking lasted for over 45 minutes, and I had the worse ever headache for the whole night plus felt very sick, and had to force myself to be sick, cause I just couldn't lie down. Feel very weak and sick today because of this. I had the shaking thing once before, but never got sick and headached with it. Can anybody please help, as I am very worried. I am 35, and have a healthy enough lifestyle.

Tamika
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tamika
|

replied March 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Almost sounds like you might be coming down with the flu. You got all the symptoms.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in bed, take a fever reducer and relax. It could be 24 hour or 48 hour. I just don't want you electolites going down so please get some gator aid or something with sodium, potassium etc in it to keep you hydrated. This is just something that will have to run it's course if that is what it is. Sounds like it.

Be Well,
Carrie
|

replied March 26th, 2008
Carrie
Hi Carrie, and thank you for your reply. I would have thought it to be the flu but my whole body was shaking, like a muscle spasm (sorry I didn't explain it properly earlier). Anyway, I went to my doctor today and he reckons it could be an allergic reaction to food that I had eaten last night, or something new in my diet as in Udo's Oil. So he has given me a perscription for antihistamines for 1 a day for 5 days. See how that goes, but I still feel very weak and it frightened me so much.

With love & light
Tamika
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Wow, well I was going to say the flu too. But I'm glad you kinda have it figured out. It will take a few days for it to clear your system. Like Ms. Carrie said, drink lots fluids...that will help flush it out more quickly. I hope you feel better!
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Body shaking all over ..............
Hi all, and thanks for replies. Just to say I am on my second day of the antihistimines (sorry for spelling), and my breathing seems to be still very high, like kind of tight. I have never really experienced anything like this before, it is almost like when I take a deep breath in, it won't go very far and feels kind of weird almost ticklish and tight!!! Anybody ever experience this before??

P.s. sorry for all the questions. Crying or Very sad

Tamika
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
tamika
You have to be careful. You might want to call your doctor back. Those chest symtoms could be anything. You may need to be on an antibiotic for this. Could be a couple of things, worse case senario being a touch of pneumonia. I would call you GP back this morning.

Carrie
|

replied March 27th, 2008
do you feel like you are congested? Because I think if it was pneumonia or anything like that you would have cold like syptoms. I have had the uncontrollable shking happen to me before. It usually happens to me when ihavea bad bout of IBS or when I have one of my fainting spells. It seems like it has something to do with a drop in blood pressure, but I am not sure. It could even be anxiety related. It happens a lot to me after I have a fainting spell and I think I give myself an anxiety attack after the faiting happens because I go into panic mode.
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Body shaking all over .....................
Hi all again,

It is only 2 days since I visited the doc about the shaking eposode, and the antihistimines seem to be working with the breathing, as I am beginning to be able to take in a better breath than I was, still not fully back to normal but I guess it will have to take time. My head still hurts a good bit, so I am taking solpadeine for them (paracetimal). The only thing that is still annoying me is that I seem to have a little phlegm any time I cough, up high in my chest area and when I look down my whole back of my neck and shoulders feel very sore and strained. I seriously think that I must have pulled a muscle in my neck or shoulders due to all the shaking, and am wondering if I should or even can take anti-inflamotorys to see if that will help, but I don't know if you can mix them with anti-histimines, so I guess the best thing really to do would be to go back and make another appointment with my doctor again tomorrow. I will let you all know how I get on, and thank you so much for all your help and advice along the way you are all great!!!

Tamika
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Body shaking all over .....................
Hi all again,

It is only 2 days since I visited the doc about the shaking eposode, and the antihistimines seem to be working with the breathing, as I am beginning to be able to take in a better breath than I was, still not fully back to normal but I guess it will have to take time. My head still hurts a good bit, so I am taking solpadeine for them (paracetimal). The only thing that is still annoying me is that I seem to have a little phlegm any time I cough, up high in my chest area and when I look down my whole back of my neck and shoulders feel very sore and strained. I seriously think that I must have pulled a muscle in my neck or shoulders due to all the shaking, and am wondering if I should or even can take anti-inflamotorys to see if that will help, but I don't know if you can mix them with anti-histimines, so I guess the best thing really to do would be to go back and make another appointment with my doctor again tomorrow. I will let you all know how I get on, and thank you so much for all your help and advice along the way you are all great!!!

Tamika
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You can check with your doctor, but I think you can take ibuprofen with the meds you are taking.
|

replied March 28th, 2008
My body was shaking all over ..............
To Mominashoe,

Hi, you are so right in what you have said above, as I actually rang my doctor's office to make an apt this morning and he actually answered the phone, and I explained my symptoms to him and he said that it sounds like I have pulled a muscle in my neck and back, hence the pain and strains that I am feeling, so he suggested some nurofen to me which is ibrofen, so you were spot on, thank you so much Smile you advice is just as good as my doctors and so very percise. I have taken the ibrofen, and will wait to see how I feel, still feel quite sick and breathing still quite high up in the throat, but doc said give it a few days. We are supposed to be bringing our kids to the zoo and a picnic tomorrow morning, see how I feel, anyway, it may be the best thing for me, at least I won't be sitting around just dwelling and focussing on how I am feeling and I will get plenty of fresh air too.

Take care,
Tamika
|

replied March 11th, 2009
hello doctor
hello there im a 21 year old girl who has this thing where my body shakes uncontrollably for the past few years..it happens when i wake up from sleeping or when im studying...i have no pain....its like my whole body is vibrating..and its actually freaking me out.it it a bad sign or something..i really need help.thank you
|

replied March 11th, 2009
hello doctor
i have this thing where my body vibrates out of sudden...its not obvious but i can feel it...i don't feel any pain.i need to know what it is.please doctor.this thing is freaking me out
|

replied March 25th, 2009
goose bumps, shaking , gasping for breathing in the night, help?
Hello,

This night the most scary thing happend to me.
It was around 4 o clock. Then Suddenly I think i heard something. I woke up a little, and before I know it I got REALLY cold! Goosebumps everywhere!
I started shaking really uncontrolably bad, Like i had a seizure.
Then I started gasping for breath! This all happend in like 5 seconds, and then it was gone.
It felt like my body was taken over or something!..
I hope this doesnt happen again.. What should I do? Call a doctor.. or an excorcist.. :S

Greetings Erica.
|

replied May 21st, 2010
body shaking
I had this shaking thing happen to me last night. It lasted about an hour and my whole body was shaking, even my head (or my brain). It made me feel really natious, maybe because my head or brain was making me dizzy. I made myself puke because I thought it was something that I ate. My thoughts are that I ate something with MSG in it and I am thinking it might be that. Today I feel like I have been hit by a bus, I am so exhausted and all of my muscles feel fatigued. Does anyone else that this has happened to think that it might be a food or MSG?
|

replied February 17th, 2011
uncontrollable, random shaking of the body
About a week ago I too had a shaking spell. I was just lying down watching a movie with my boyfriend & I randomly started shaking badly, throughout every part of my body. I also felt very sick to my stomach any time I tried to sit up and my mouth was very dry. I wasn't cold & I had a slight fever. The shaking lasted for almost an hour before it completely stopped. I still have no idea what caused this. I wasn't on any medications and I hadn't eaten anything out of the ordinary. I'm a healthy, 20 year old, female.
|

replied August 8th, 2011
Wow, i had this too I dont know what happened, i went to go lay down and my body constantly shaking and i have to keep breathing for air Im not cold i dont know i was just sitting on the computer for a few hours, went to lay down and started shaking at my legs then it went throughout my whole body.. And it wont stop Every-time i lay down it does that.... I dont know what it is but its freaking me out, Does anyone know any cure?

Thanks,
Mason
|

replied January 9th, 2012
This just happened to me tonite as well. Was watching tv then walked into the kitchen and sat down in a chair and realized that my whole body was shaking uncontrollably! Never felt sick or anything like that. It seemed to go away after I ate dinner. I'd say it lasted about an hour. Any ideas as to what could cause this?
|

replied March 7th, 2012
I have no idea that's why i'm on here. I get these uncontrollable shakes throughout my body and i'm not cold, i just sit and shake from the inside out. I wonder if it could be anxiety? It really has me concerned. I do get anxiety attacks occasionally so it kind of feels like it may be that, but I sure would like to know for sure. I have been under alot of stress lately, lost job, relationship ended, can't sleep well, not much of an appetite. I really feel like I'm losing it at times.
|

replied April 16th, 2012
Uncontrollable Shaking
I've had exactly the same recently, though I was shaking uncontrollably from when I woke up to when I went to bed for about 10 days. As for when I was asleep, I don't know.

I've been under a fair amount of stress though not necessarily excessive stress. I now feel like I'm losing it completely and I get the shakes on the odd occasion now and feel depressed quite a lot but don't know why.

I still don't know what's wrong because I haven't got the guts to go to the doc because I'm scared of the outcome Sad

Oh well.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?
|

replied April 29th, 2012
random shaking
I had two of them in the same night 1st,my foot felt like it was turning backwards.I couldn't move at all.Both my hands and arms were by my side.I was sweating so much.It lasted for about 5 to 10 min.It suddenly stopped.I tried to sit up but once i did i fell back again i used all my straigth to sit up and the i screamed MOMMY at the top of my lugs but noone heard me. when it was done,i got up and i could barely walk,i was so dizzy.i had a very hard time breathing.i also had a really dry throat.i drnk alot of water.It was SOOO scary. the 2nd one happend a few hours later.I was going to go turn off the computer and the foot thing happend again. i laid down and i was shaking alot worse. i almost fell on my sister who was sleeping on the floor next to me but just when i was about to fall my brother pushed me back up. he pinned me on the couch so i wouldn't fall again. he told me deep breaths(that really helped)then he said i could play on his iphone and didnt wanna go back to sleep so i spent about 5 hours on it from 4 o'clock to 9 o'clock. now my back,throat(inside and out)and stomach hurts. i cant swollow or yawn because it hurts but i do anyway. oh and btw(by the way) im only 9 years old. i hope it doesny happen again tonite.can someone help me?oh and btw i didnt have goosebumps.
|
12 >>