Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

body hasn't developed normally during puberty

I’m currently eighteen and I’m experiencing a major problem. I don't think my body has developed like a normal male. My upper body hasn’t broadened. It’s still like a 14-15 year old .ii have never seen any grown up with a less broad frame . I’m still wearing my shirts that wore in 9th grade children’s shirts extra large. My wrists are puny like sticks , my hands haven’t gotten bigger , my penis hasn’t grown that much 4-5 centimeters and 7-8 centimeters when erect (typical is 8-11 normal ). My lower body is normal.

Other important information - I have grown to my father’s height including a growth of 4 inches in both eighth grade and ninth grade. During those 2 years my voice also deepened. However did not gain weight in 9th and 10th grade. In 9th grade I ate normalish around 2000 calories and in 10th grade I totally didn't eat enough ( under 2000 calories with physical activity) .During these years I was calcium deficient as well since I got a reaction to dairy. Currently I’m almost 5'8 in height and weigh 145 pounds not skinny not fat. in addition if this makes a difference in terms hormone levels , yes I, have facial hair and normal sexual drive

in addition my doctor almost sent me to tests in 9th grade to investigate as to why didn't gain weight. The issue was never pursued from there since I didn’t go to the doctors for a year and a half because my parents forgot about it when they got divorced. This year I addressed the issue of my body not physically developing like a normal male with my doctor in early February and he says that people come in all shapes and sizes.

I hope I’m not overreacting I do not want this to make it extremely more difficult to find a girl, get a job or socialize ect. Are my eating habits to blame? Should I see a new doctor.Am I overreacting ? is there anything I can do ?, is it too late ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 23rd, 2011
Body hasnt developed either
Bro i swear i thought i typed this. Im almost 5'8 i have a normal sex drive and everything if anything its abnormally high(like im still goin thru puberty or sometin) my wrists, my ankles, everything is the same since 9th grade. Im fitting into the same clothes i wore in high school, shirts, pants, and shoes. When i was in middle school i practically ran around with the epitome of a malnourished body eating only possibly once or twice a day literally. I ran skated, ran track, and played basketball when i was younger, then started working out around 8th grade, eating a little more appropriately. Im currently 20 though so if there are any experts out there could this be answered please.
|
Did you find this post helpful?