Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

Body feels hot inside no fever

my 7 yr. old daughter was just diagnosed with a uti dr. treated with med. sulfamethoxazole - tmp didn't work then switched to cefprozil,didn't work then switched to amoxicillin , seemed to work but ended up with y. infect. treating with cream . she can't wear panties because it aggravates the area and she doesn't like the feeling. she complains her neck hurts , belly hurts , she feels like her body inside is hot but she has no fever, she was complaining the other day her back hurt.
i don't know if this has anything to do with whats going on but she in the recent past
has had a couple of episodes a few months apart where she would instantly feel sick , belly hurts then turn green , feel like passing out becomes limp, i'd give her something to drink and a cold rag and then she would be fine , i'm baffled please help i'm afraid she has something wrong and the dr. is over looking it?

a very worried mom
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

From the history provided it seems that your daughter has been having recurrent episodes of UTI or cystitis (Infection of the urinary bladder). This seems likely due to the past history of recurrent episodes of UTIs which have not yet effectively treated till date.

Based on the history, you may be having some foci of infection within the urinary tract, which needs to be evaluated with a ultrasound of the abdomen.

In addition repeat urinalysis; a urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity tests will be needed.

The chances of the causative bacteria being resistant to common antibiotics cannot be ruled out. The treatment will have to be based on the antibiotic sensitivity tests.

If possible you can seek the opinion of a urologist who may be helpful.

I hope this is helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.