Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Body dysmorphic disorder?

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
For years I have been obsessed with my face.Ever since the 10th grade where I took pictures of my face and discovered my facial assymetry I can't accept myself.The right side of my body is bigger than the left one and it's because of my jaw.Apparently,I should've worn braces.Most people tell me it's not noticeable and that I look good but I freak out when I get "You're not my type" or stuff like that.I start imagining that I'm really ugly and that my assymetry is the reason.

I don't know,I kinda became dependant on other people's attention as reassurance that I look good and if I don't get it I start falling appart.What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply