Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Body Aches, chest pressure, no fever

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For a little over a week, I have had chest pressure and flu like body aches, bu no fever. An EKG was good, chest x-ray was good, and blood work came out fine. I have no idea where to turn?? Please help! My body aches so bad and my chest has pressure. When I get up in the morning I feel better but an hour later I'm right back to where I started the night before.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Phleb0679
|

replied July 8th, 2008
Having the same symptoms
Dear QQSecretary...did you ever find out what was wrong. I am having the same flu like symptoms of body aches constantly since Sunday but no temperature or chest pains. Just body aches like crazy. Went to the ER that night and they did a complete work-up and nothing was wrong. They gave me a antibiotic for a possible sinus infection but really didn't think it was an infection. I've been on the antibiotic for 2 days and I still feel the same way. Something else is wrong and I just don't know what it is. Yesterday I turned 11 weeks. How many weeks were you when the symptoms started.
|

replied September 16th, 2008
same symptoms what did they say ?
I felt extremely exhausted and really emotional before I was supposed to start, I was sure I wasn't going to. It just felt really different. I did start though, but only a 2 day very light period. Completely not normal for me, usually 5-7 fairly heavy days. I then started to feel sick a couple of mornings, but then the muscle aches started just a weak, feeling, and just ached all over like I had the flu, but have no other symptoms of the flu. I have taken a home preg test which came out neg, but I still think something is up, does anyone have any suggestions?
|

replied September 14th, 2010
Have you looked into lyme disease? The aching is what is making me think of that...since no fever
|

replied November 3rd, 2010
qqsecretary--Did you ever find out what your condition was? I have been having similar symptoms for close to 3 weeks now--waves of muscle aches and malaise but no other symptoms like fever, chills, sore throat.
|

replied November 11th, 2010
body aches w/o flu
Having same symptoms. Completed antibiotic course but not any better. I hurt all over and get fatigued quickly. Also no appetite. Wondering about thyroid conditions...
|

replied February 10th, 2011
once u been tested out properly anyone with thease syptoms shud look at panic disorder
|

replied July 3rd, 2012
I have been having the same syptoms, butwith sore throat and on Sunday had a low fever. Everytime I cough my chest feels like it is going to explode. ANy clue to what this is?
|
Quick Reply