Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Body aches and fatigue for about 3 weeks...

Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
User Profile
I have been having horrible body aches and fatigue for about 3 weeks now. I have had bloodwork done, and most obvious things have been ruled out. It's not infection, flu, cold or viral. I even completed a round of antibiotics JIC. I have no appetite and have lost about 12 pounds (most during the first week's time). Any ideas on what I should have my doc. look for when I go back?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2010
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A17578
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question in E health forum.

Horrible body aches, fatigue lasting for 3 weeks, reduced appetite and weight loss of 12 pounds could be due to a number of medical causes including liver disorders, malabsorption syndromes, or systemic disorders like hypothyroidism.

If not already done a stool examination to check for loss of nutrients in the stool, liver function tests to rule out liver disorders and tests to rule out low thyroid function would help to know the cause.
Chest pain, Loss of weight and presence of fluid in lungs could also indicate possibility of tuberculosis, which can be checked out with a Skin test (Mantoux) and a Sputum examination. Abdominal Tuberculosis could also be a possibility which can cause weight loss, loss of appetite and fatigue.

A evaluation by your gastroenterologist and if needed a GI endoscopic study will help to rule out other disorders of malabsorption as well.

You might consider discussing your thoughts with your GP about the advice provided here which may help to find a solution to your current issues.

I Hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.