Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Blurry eyes in morning , dry eyes during day

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I have recently started experiencing very dry eyes during the day and waking up in the morning with a film on my eyes that causes blurred vision. After I blink a few times, the film seems to go away and my vision clears up within five minutes.
I do wear bifocals. I work on a computer, sometimes up to 10-12 hours a day.
I have not changed my meds recently. Please advice on a course of action
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2010
From what you have described it seems like you have tear film dysfunction.

Hot fomentation of the lids before going to sleep helps.Start applying preservative free artificial tears(Refresh tears).Hope this helps but if symptoms persist,do consult your ophthalmologist.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vision and Eye Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.