Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Blotchy spots on chest and stomach

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I'm 19 years old. I have recently started getting smooth blotchy spots on my chest and it's beginning to go to my stomach. The rest of my skin is fairly tan and the spots are a lighter color. The spots started occurring after I was out in the sun for many hours for a few consecutive days. I had an even tan for a while then the spots appeared. I'm scared that I may have done some serious damage to my skin. Also, the spots are very embarrassing as you can see them when I wear a low cut top. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 21st, 2009
I have the same and i believe it is some sort of common fungi infection (Tinea versicolor) which prevents the skin tanning. Mine appear dark if im pale, or light if im tanned. I read about it somewhere. Can be cleared up with creams or if recurs with some sort of pill.
|

replied February 16th, 2012
I have been getting small little red bumps appearing on my arm. right now i have about 2 or 3 blotchy spots on my chest, and i have a couple bumps or little blotchy spots midway of my leg . WHAT DO I DO ??????
|
Quick Reply