Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

blotches on my inner thighs and under arms?

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have large red blotches on my inner thighs (groin) and under arms. They look like large mosquito bites , but i know they're not. and they itch. Please help me out

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2013
Skin Answer A42132
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Online it is very difficult to precisely diagnose with examining but I am listing out some of the possibilities for your symptoms. It can be contact dermatitis, nummular dermatitis, ringworm, lichen planus or scabies( if there are itchy bumps in the webspaces as well). It will be better to get it examined from a dermatologist as treatment is specific for all.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: skin, bites
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.