Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Bloody stools and blood clots

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I am a 27 year old female of what I know to be good health. For a few months I have been getting really constipated (which I thought was due to my percocet), then I would get severe cramps in my lover abdomen which would lead to severe diarrhea. But about a week ago I had severe cramping to where I couldn't walk or move at all. My entire body was shaking and eventually I had a bowel movement. All day I couldn't move an inch or I would get severe cramping and have to go to the bathroom. By the afternoon I noticed no stool, just about a shot glass of blood each time I went. I also had a constant urge to urinate, it felt as if I didn't go at all when I knew that I did. I had no fever during this day and a half. Also I was extremely tired (I would fall asleep in the middle of conversations). The next day I felt extremely intoxicated. For days after that I would get severe cramping, but it was just gas that in order to pass I would have to sit like I was going to have a bowel movement. Also I can not walk more than a few hundred yards. It feels as if my stomach (uterus area) is bulging, and I can see that it is not. (I know with 100% certainty that I am NOT pregnant.) Today I went to the bathroom, and when I went to wipe there was an extremely large blood clot followed by many more large blood clots. I am very nervous, and do not have insurance. Is this something that I am getting overworked about and could be fixed easily by a change in my diet or an over the counter medicine, or is this something that needs to be addressed by a doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 26th, 2010
Experienced User
You need to see a doctor right away. There are serious conditions that include significant bleedingand abdominal pain, such as, Crohn's Disease, ulcerative Colitis, colon cancer to name a few. I know it's hard when you don't have insurance but in this case you can't afford not to go to the doc.
|
Did you find this post helpful?