Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

bloody stool and side pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello,

We are presently living in China and recently my 5 year old daughter has had some odd symptoms. For the past couple of days, she's experienced sharp pain in her left side just above her hip bone after urinating - happened about 3 times. Then last night she had a nose bleed in the middle of the night. Just now she had a bloody stool. She came down with a cold today so I know she's feeling a bit low... I realize that some of these things are unrelated, but the pain in her side and blood in her stool concerns me...

Do you have any idea what this could be? She said she has no pain in her stomach and no pain in the right side.

I'd really appreciate your input.

Michelle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Bloody diarrhea and severe abdominal cramps located in the lower left abdominal area, can be due to a inflammatory bowel disease known as ulcerative colitis (possible it affects the lower part of colon and rectum).
Other symptoms characteristic for this conditions are frequent fevers, poor appetite, weight loss, growth failure, fatigue, anemia.
|
Did you find this post helpful?