Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Bloody discharge from penis after urination

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
After i urinate I have a small amount of blood that discharges from my penis, it has only happened once, When I urinated it was a VERY strong flow and yellow? I am positive its not an STD
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The presence of blood means that bleeding is occurring somewhere in the genito-urinary tract, like kidneys, ureters, the prostate gland, the bladder or the urethra.
Blood in urine is not normal and always warrants medical attention.
It can be a sign of low-grade infection (UTI), bladder or kidney stones, prostate enlargement, or it can be an early warning sign of a kidney cancer, ureteral cancer or even a bladder cancer.
Extreme physical activity like running, jogging can lead to blood in urine as a harmless, once time appearance.

See urologist!
|

replied September 12th, 2011
i have a discharge from my penis its some yellow like substance and a bit of blood...what can be the problem
|

replied September 12th, 2011
i have a discharge from my penis its some yellow like substance and a bit of blood...what can be the problem
|

replied September 14th, 2012
I have noticed that I will go to the bathroom before bed then wake up and blood stains on the front of my under ware. Some times after I urinate during the day the next time I go I see the same signs again not an everyday occurrence but enough to ask what is it and what should I do
|
Quick Reply