Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Bloodwork - Low WBC High RBC Low Neutrophils Low TSH

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
Hi. I am 49 year old female who just when to the gyn for an annual. Got my bloodwork done and now I am so worried. I have always been extremely healthy and the blood work came back with many issues:
WBC low 3.4, RBC high 5.46, MCV low, MCH low, MCHC low, RDW low, and Neutrophils low 1.7, My TSH is also low at 0.051. I am waiting for a referral to an endocrinolist...and hoping she will be on my health plan. I started reading about what these numbers mean and I'm scared to death that something is wrong with me. Funny thing is, I don't feel sick. Should I be concerned.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2011
Hashimoto's?
You are slightly hyperthyroid right now based on your TSH. I actually feel best around .08, so I'm not suprised you feel fine at .05; however, if it drops lower, expect to experience insomnia, increased heart rate, sore muscles even if you didn't work out, and sometimes the jitters. Most people feel best between .08 and 2. Even though the "normal range" puts the high a lot greater than 2, most people feel like garbage when the TSH is >2. You should be checked for Hashimoto's, an autoimmune disorder that attacks thyroid tissue. Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab should be run and Antithyroglobulin Ab should be run. Hashimoto's is often associated with HYPO thyroid (high TSH) but if your thyroid is having a flare up, you could go into a HYPER state (low TSH). What did your endo say?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply